Illuminati 2G Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Illuminati 2G Forums

The official hip hop forum for I2G

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Master P Interview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
D~Mac
Admin
D~Mac

Master P Interview Empty
PostSubject: Master P Interview   Master P Interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:46 am

http://illuminati2g.com/site/2013/01/31/master-p-interview/

I2G had the honor to sit down with a legend in the hip hop game, Master P, for a interview. We discuss the motivation and drive behind his new street album, Al Capone, Snoop Dogg joining No Limit back in the day, his favorite songs from his catalog and much more so check it out.

Illuminati 2G is here with the one and only Master P, how’s it going?

What’s going on?

Not too much. You just recently dropped your new street album entitled Al Capone. Tell me a little bit about the album and how it came together for you.

The album is super hot on the streets right now. I want to thank the fans…, the album came together from the fans telling me P we need you to put a record out. The music is going back to you, high energy club songs, bouncy beats, catchy hooks.

Gucci Mane also inspired me, we did a song called Brinks. After we released it, he was saying man the streets they feeling you, you need to put out another record. I thought about it for a while and it just starting coming to me man.

My love for the music, this is me and this is what I do. Even when you try and change and do something a different way, but you can’t get away from who you are. This is my God given talent and this is the way I am able to touch millions of people.

Do you have any other singles or videos set to drop from the album?

Yeah we are about to drop Bricks To A Million, Louie Sheets is about to come as well. I’m going to put out a video for every record on here, but I am about to come with these singles right now.

So what’s next from No Limit? Any other releases that are set to drop this year?

Yeah Louie V Mob New World Order, we have Miss Chee Queen Of The Streets album coming, Eastwood- West Coast Bad Boys, and we are just going to keep it going because we have an entire roster of artists that are ready.

No Limit had been quiet for a few years and being away from the game for a little bit, what’s has or has not changed in the rap game that still applies to today? One of the things I remember in buying No Limit albums, you knew when the next No Limit release was coming out and you always stuck by your release date.

Now people will just throw a date out there and the project comes out months later and it loses all its momentum. What are some things that work for you then, that work for you now?

I think the reason why that worked is because we did it independently. We could reach our street dates because of that and most majors are scared to put out projects. Even the A&Rs they are scared to lose their jobs.

With us, it was this is the date we are going to feed the music to our fans. That is something we did back then and it is something that we can do now, and back then I had to touch every hood, every car, and get on the road.

Now it is digital game, you can press one button and reach a million people. You still have to go out and do shows and touch your fans, but you can touch so many of them with the click of a button and they can get the music instantly.

I think it is a plus to be honest with you, to touch that many people at one time.

Absolutely. Another move that you made during that time was signing Snoop and bringing him on the label. That was pretty much at that time the biggest free agent in hip hop history. What are some good memories that you have working with Snoop?

Being able to sign Snoop and seeing the hunger that he still had. Now I think in signing Alley Boy and Fat Trel, I feel like we are fueling those fires again to where you have artists that are making a name for themselves out there.

But at the same time finding and putting that magic and magnet to them to make the world show interest in them. There are some great artists out there right now and we are looking for the next hottest artists from across the country. While we are going to these cities, we are definitely going to be doing this No Limit Talent Show.

Absolutely. I just wanted to go over with you some of my favorite albums from your catalog and maybe what is your favorite moments or tracks. First is The Ghetto Is Trying To Kill Me.

To be honest with you, the title track, because at that time and moment you could feel what I was going through and what I was dealing with.

Ghetto Dope

Make Em Say Ugh

Lastly, and I would say my favorite album is MP The Last Don.

To be honest with you…, that record…, I really did not have a favorite track off that record, it was like a movie to me. What was your favorite track off the album?

Mama Raised Me. That’s a classic.

Yeah that one is a classic. But you see what I’m saying though? That album just played out like a movie.

Lastly this is more of a track. What are some good memories you have in recording Homies & Thugs on Scarface’s My Homies album? Your verse was one of the best on there.

Being on that track with 2Pac and Scarface was a classic and to be able to be a part of that, that was where music was at on a street level. Going in the studio with Face and the whole No Limit/Rap-A-Lot, it felt like an army. Being around Lil J we built a friendship and we have a lifetime bond and to be able to get the blueprint from them, it took my game to the next level. Nothing but love in that room man.

Outside of music, do you have any other business ventures that are set to launch this year?

I am working on No Limit speakers and headphones, camcorders, I am really focusing on the technological side of things right now.

What is some advice that you could give for the next up and coming Master P in the game?

I think anybody that has talent, believe in yourself and put God first and go for your dreams. Do not let anyone stop you because you never know when it is going to be your time. There is no limit to what you can do and there is no success without struggle. Every time someone tells me I can’t do something, its makes me go harder.

I was relevant and hot in 1999 and I am relevant and hot again in 2013, which that is not supposed to happen. You are not supposed to be able to sell to someone’s parents and their kids, but if you believe in yourself and work hard, you can make it happen. God gave me this talent and the haters motivate me. If you have talent, instead of getting caught up into the hates, let it motivate you.

Do you have any upcoming shows or tour dates?

We are setting up the tours right now, we are going to have a big show for the Super Bowl and we are setting this summer tour up.

What’s your website information?

www.nolimitforever.com, www.nolimitrecordsforever.com. www,twitter.com/masterpmiller.

Alright well that is all the questions I have for you, appreciate you getting down for the interview. Is there any last words our shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

I just want to thank all the fans for keeping it real and 100, we back.
Back to top Go down
https://illuminati2g.forumotion.com

Master P Interview
Page 1 of 1