Illuminati 2G Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Illuminati 2G Forums

The official hip hop forum for I2G

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DJ Paul Of Three Six Mafia Interview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
D~Mac
Admin
D~Mac

DJ Paul Of Three Six Mafia Interview Empty
PostSubject: DJ Paul Of Three Six Mafia Interview   DJ Paul Of Three Six Mafia Interview Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:25 pm

http://illuminati2g.com/site/2012/09/22/dj-paul-interview/

I2G once again kicked it with Three Six Mafia member and producer, DJ Paul, for an exclusive interview. On October 23, 2012, Paul will unveil A Person of Interest, a full-length album and accompanying DVD. The project will be released on Scale-A-Ton and Select-O-Hits via iTunes and key retail outlets. We discuss the new album and his BBQ line and restaurant endeavors in this interview. Check it out.

I2G is here with DJ Paul how’s it going?

Good man

You have your new album, A Person Of Interest, dropping on October 23rd. Tell me a little bit about the album and how it came together for you.

Aww man the album is jammin man. It’s more of that hardcore, raw shit that the fans are used to from me. The fans always come first when it’s about the music and we have gained alot of new fans as well.

Although I will say our new fans like the more pop sounding music and on this album I have one pop joint on there. It starts pop then it gets real gangsta once the verses drop, but other than that the album is straight raw man.

Do you have anymore upcoming singles or videos set to drop from the project?

Yeah we just dropped the first single called W.I.L.L. (What I Look Like) and we just dropped the remix with Gucci Mane. The next single set to drop is I Can’t Take It and that will be dropping real soon.

So what’s next after the album drops? Are we going to see another Three Six Mafia album or are we going to see your production on any albums coming up soon?

As far as another Three Six Mafia album, I don’t know when we are going to do another one but I hope it is soon. Hopefully next year because everyone is asking about it but as far as everything else it is the same ol thing, touring and doing what I do. I currently have my BBQ line out and that is doing real good. www.djpaulbbq.com and hopefully a deal will come out of that and get it in the stores real soon. Right now it is selling like crazy online, everyone can go on the site for the sauce and ther BBQ rub as well.

That actually led perfectly into my next question. With those other business ventures as well as the restaurant, are these business ventures an easy transition for you from the music?

The restaurant we actually closed it down recently but from a business standpoint it was a easy transition for me. The show I was on to win a spot at getting my own restaurant, Famous Food, it was a little hectic for me just being around all those people. I had partnered with some people in the end on the restaurant so it was difficult at times to make my own decisions being in a group.

I decided that I am going to open up my own restaurant on my own, so that I can make it how I want to make it. That restaurant was created (Lemon Basket) by a lot of other people and that was not all of my ideas, although it did turn out to be a beautiful restaurant in the end. It was in a bad location in West Hollywood where we had it and it did not have valet parking.

So you had to drive all the way down the street to find parking and walk back up. I did not even want to do that and it was my own restaurant. This is something that I always wanted to do so I was ready to dig in and knock it out, but it was fun though (laughs).

Do you have any upcoming shows or tour dates?

Yeah on October 20th we are doing a album release party in Lubbock, Texas. Everyone can keep up with me at www.twitter.com/djpaulkom, www.instagram.com/djpaulkom, www.facebook.com/djpaulkomofficial. We also got the website, www.djpaulthree6mafia.com as well.

Alright well that is all the questions I have for you, appreciate you getting down for the interview, is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

Everyone go and pick up my new album, A Person Of Interest, October 23rd, you will not be disappointed. Every album comes with a DVD, and we are still trying to find a way to add the movie for people on ITunes, but the DVD will have a short movie that I shot to accompany the album. It also has exclusive videos, me recording in the studio and making this album, so yeah it’s a good deal.
Back to top Go down
https://illuminati2g.forumotion.com

DJ Paul Of Three Six Mafia Interview
Page 1 of 1